[-P-] Patriots Clan Official Forum
Welcome to the Patriots Clan Forum!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Please use your WOT Username as your Forum username when you register so the admin can identify you as a member of the clan. If not, your account activation may get delayed until I can verify your identity...

I hope you enjoy your visit to our forum!

The Admin
[-P-] Patriots Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Patriots Clan Forum!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Please use your WOT Username as your Forum username when you register so the admin can identify you as a member of the clan. If not, your account activation may get delayed until I can verify your identity...

I hope you enjoy your visit to our forum!

The Admin
[-P-] Patriots Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advanced Minimap Mod 8.0

Go down

Advanced Minimap Mod  8.0 Empty Advanced Minimap Mod 8.0

Post by Teks0427 Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:22 pm

The Advanced Minimap Mod comes in two flavors:

• v.1x, where the tank icons are displayed in their original sizes

• v.2x, where the tank icons are much bigger and brighter

Here are screenshots of the 2 versions so you can see the difference in the tank icon sizes...

Version 1x...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Version 2x

You would notice that there are several lines and circles that weren't on the stock minimap. Here are what those lines indicate:

The thin solid straight GREEN Line from your tank icon indicates the direction your tank is facing. This is useful for knowing where your tank is headed when you're tank is deep in a forest and you can't see where you're going.

The thicker solid straight RED Line indicates the direction where your gun is pointing. To avoid getting lost and when planning routes, I would usually point my gun first to the direction where I want to go, then turn the hull to face where the gun is pointing. This line helps a lot when doing that because you just have to line up the Red and the Green lines, and you know you're headed where your gun is pointing.

The GREEN dotted lines forming a circle around your tank icon indicates maximum distance that you will be able to detect a tank sitting out in the open, with no spotting provided by other allied tanks.

The YELLOW semi-circle just beyond the Green Circle around your tank indicates the absolute maximum distance that a tank will be visible to your tank, whether spotted by yourself or lit up by an allied tank, which is limited by the game developers to 500m regardless of equipment upgrades and crew experience, skills or perks. Even if the tank is lit up on the MiniMap, if it is beyond the 500m view limit, it WILL NOT be visible to your tank.

Also, on the stock MiniMap, newly detected enemy tanks just suddenly appear as an icon on the minimap along with a beeping sound. On the Advanced MiniMap Mod, newly detected tank/s would blink brightly for a few seconds to catch your attention, making it easier to know if there was a tank hiding somewhere that just got seen.

Download Links:

To Install:

To install the Advanced MiniMap Mod, download and unzip the ZIP file's contents to your World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.8.0 folder

Teks0427
Teks0427
Field Commander

https://patriots.forumtl.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum